Our food pantry serves our less fortunate brothers and sisters in Marion County, Ohio.
Requirements for becoming a client to receive free food
To become a client at St. Vincent de Paul Marion’s food pantry, you must:
- Photo ID of head of household
- Proof of residence in Marion County for head of household (a lease, mortgage, current water, gas, electric bill or cable bill). Proof is required annually.
- Household income is 200% or less of the federal poverty level (see chart below)
|# in Household||Annual Income||Monthly Income||Weekly Income|
|Each Person Over 8 Add||$4,320||$368||$83|
Procedure to register and receive free food
To reduce waiting time, food is distributed by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, call (740) 386-6422. All appointments must be confirmed by a St. Vincent de Paul associate. Phone messages will not result in a valid appointment until confirmed.
Appointments may be scheduled once per month. For example if you visit the food pantry on August 17, the earliest your next appointment can be scheduled is September 17.
Upon arrival at the food pantry for your scheduled appointment, the head of household must show a current picture ID and acknowledge that:
- the number of persons in the household on record is correct;
- the household’s address on record is still current;
- the household’s income is below 200% of the federal poverty level. If the household’s address has changed, proof of still living in Marion County is required (a lease, mortgage, current water, gas, electric bill or cable bill).
If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment and you do not phone St. Vincent de Paul (740-386-6422) to cancel prior to your appointment, you cannot schedule a new appointment for 30 days from the original scheduled appointment.